Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Thermostat Crisis

Very cold on this part of Coruscant it has been lately. Lots of sweaters and long short johns I put on, but still cold I am. Besides, poor my circulation is. So the thermostat in the Temple I keep on high. And the thermostat moved to my room I had, because stop messing with it, people would not. So in my room, under lock and key and protected by an electronic password, it is.

Whining about this constantly, the other Jedi are. But I think very reasonable, 92 degrees is. 98.6, most people's body temperature is supposed to be. So actually, kind of cool I am keeping it. But on complaining, these doofuses insist.

Even at Council meetings, an issue it is.

"Just look at Master Kenobi's seat!" Master Mundi said, "It has a permanent stain now. He is in a constant state of perspiration, as are we all. I can barely stand to look at him!"

"No matter what the weather is, like a Womphog, Kenobi sweats," I replied, "And been there for a long time, that stain has. Surely remember all of the speculation months ago about the cause of the 'mystery stain', you must."

"Well, we don't need to speculate on the cause of Obi-wan's funk," Windu chimed in, "Yes, I know it's normal for him to leave an aroma trail where ever he goes, but I am telling you it is far worse now! Ever since you turned the heat up, his smell has been so bad I'm afraid of getting sick from second-hand B.O.!"

"Clear that up, another session with the pressure-washer will."

"No!" Getting angry, Windu was, "You have got to turn down the heat! Do you know what this is doing to my skin? Do you realize the effect all of this perspiration is having on my pores? You turn down that heat now!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No! Make me you can not!"

"I think it's about time I showed you just what I can make you do!"

To fight we got up. Moving towards each other we started. The last I remember that is. Apparently, from the heat we both passed out.

So, to compromise I agreed. Down to 91 degrees, the thermostat is now. See how reasonable I am, do you?

Comments on "The Thermostat Crisis"

 

Blogger Jardena said ... (2:15 AM) : 

92 degrees? Yo could hold yoga classes in the temple, they'd probably be pretty popular.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:58 AM) : 

Second hand B/O thats good !

Remember Yoda There are somethings that a pressure washer cannot fix.

Also if it stays that Hot, Jdei will be gettin naked. Do you really want that ?

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (10:09 AM) : 

Phew! it's a little warm to me!

 

Blogger Jedi Healer said ... (2:57 PM) : 

Master Yoda,

The temperture in the temple is too high. More and more Jedi are in my office due to heat stroke then in the summer time.

Please turn the temperture down to 69 to 72 degrees before everyone is over come with heat stroke.

Barriss Offee

PS- As a reminder, maybe you should take hot bath to warm yourself up.

 

Blogger Jawa Juice said ... (3:12 PM) : 

So...you're saying you are part lizard, right? That would also explain the green scaly skin.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:44 PM) : 

With all due respect Master Yoda, the many species that are members of the Order have different tolerences, and I hate to say it, but only you, Yaddle, and reptilian Jedi are comfortable around 90ish. For all the mammallians, it must be sheer torture. Perhaps you could hire a contractor to design a better system for the whole Temple to better suit all Jedi? Or you could just wear a big furry jacket. You'd look...cu...formidable. Very formidable.

 

Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said ... (6:48 PM) : 

Sound like a Trooper i was stationed with on Tatooine. Everyday he would wake up and say"man is it hot, but at least its a dry heat" On our forth day we fed him to a bantha.

Not that i'm giving the other jedi any ideas

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:59 PM) : 

That's a wonderful idea, now where to get a bantha! Hmmm?

 

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said ... (9:04 PM) : 

Maybe you could just turn the temperature down, but stick yourself under Kenobi's armpit. That'll keep you warm.

 

Blogger Master Yoda said ... (10:08 PM) : 

Jon, appreciate your sarcastic suggestion I do not. A Force-wedgie for you! Hmph!

 

post a comment