Saturday, June 04, 2005

Call Me Do Not, Call You I Will

Tonight, a call from one of those annoying telemarketers, I received. Irritated I was. Watching my favorite Mary Kate and Ashley movie I was. The one where they go to Paris, it was. No wait, the one where to Rome they go, it was. Tell the difference between their movies I cannot. Anyway, interrupt me this telemarketer person did. Supposed to get these calls I am not. On the "Call Do Not" list I am.

Like this the conversation went:

"Hello, is Mr. Mace Window there?"

"If Mace Windu you mean, not here he is."

"I'm sorry, did you say he is there?"

"No, not here he is."

"He is there?"

"No! Not here he is. Speak English you do not?"

"I don't what?"

"Speak English."

"I'm sorry. Are you saying I don't speak English?"

"No, a question that was."

"What was?"

"'Speak English you do not?'!"

"Oh, wait I understand. You're trying to tell me you don't speak English. One of my co-workers speaks Spanish. I'll get her on the phone."

"No, wait!" I said, but too late it was.

The rest of the conversation I spent saying, "Español, no hablo... Inglés hablo... ¿Inglés, Usted habla?... No, una pregunta, eso era."

Annoyed in two languages I was!

Comments on "Call Me Do Not, Call You I Will"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 AM) : 

I usually just hang up on them...

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (6:48 AM) : 

I get a lot of these on the Enterprise. We are about to be invaded by aliens and a call comes through asking if we would like new windows fitted to our starship.

You have my sympathies.

 

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said ... (7:42 AM) : 

More annoying is when you answer the phone and it's a recording asking you to hold on so they can sell you windows.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:15 AM) : 

Put Anakin on the phone, his voice would shut them up for awhile *giggles*

Coulnd't annoyance lead to the dark side?

 

Blogger Geewhiz said ... (4:00 PM) : 

Yeah I was annoyed once, bolts began flying out of my fingertips. Like, whoops!

 

Blogger Geewhiz said ... (4:01 PM) : 

Telemarketers speaking wookie language..that gives me the shivers!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 PM) : 

I LOVE YOU YODA!!

 

Blogger Master Yoda said ... (5:22 PM) : 

guinistasia,

Know did you, that a lot like that girl from Titanic you look?

Uncanny, the resemblence is.

 

Blogger Heather said ... (5:42 PM) : 

Bang the headset of the phone on the counter, you should.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:19 PM) : 

Breathe heavily, like you have asthma and you are hooked on a ventilator, and tell them that you are their father.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:25 PM) : 

jedi mind powers is only useful on those that posess a mind...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 PM) : 

Much laughter i have had. Never before interested in blogs i have been. Life this blog is.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:47 PM) : 

A friend of mine has a very good way to get rid of telemarketers. She picks up the phone and says "Deja Vu, we strip 'em you tip 'em!" They are very fast to hang up...of course, she accidently said it to her priest a time or two...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:36 PM) : 

Protect Your Personal Private Data

http://Do-Not-Call-Me.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 PM) : 

One of my favorite telemarketer scumbags is a guy named Richard Salvador aka Richard Dunbar of Great Northwest Advertising (http://www.penslinger.net). Richard spoofs his caller id using http://www.spoofcard.com. Richard served 5 years (was sentenced to 9) for his part in one of the nations largest telemarketing scams in U.S. history. He was targeting and ripping off senior citizens. The FBI sting operation was called "operation disconnect" and another called "senior sentinal". Richard routinely threatens to kill people. Customers, competitors, empolyees etc. He likes to record himself doing so using spoofcards recording features. Richard recently put his 14 year old daughter in the hospital. Apparently he considers himself a big martial arts action hero with over 4 MONTHS of extensive training. His ex wife and daughter are now in hiding. He uses methamphetamines and steroids. He was kicked out of the U.S. Marine Corps for selling dope. Check out Richard threatening to bash peoples skulls open and shoot his competitors in the head:
Great Northwest Advertising customer service policy:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hvnzXviks3A

Richard threatening his competition with a bullet to the head:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=azEFPdMKP7E

Richard lives at 4149 Ridgewood Ave.
Bellingham, WA
Home:360-714-0038
Cell:360-820-8220
He is currently a felon with an extensive stolen firearms collection.
If there was an award for stupidity, this guy would be the world champion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:12 PM) : 

Right Master Yoda is!!........Call yhese crazy people do at all hours of the night..trying to sell you something...irritating it is!...Keep up the Fantastic work on these blogs I love it!!!!!Keep Mater Yoda goin!!!

 

Blogger utrang2003 said ... (1:40 PM) : 

DO NOT CALL:
832 4886268
504362 8096
410 458 9943

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 PM) : 

Not to belittle peoples frustration over unwanted phone calls, but this guys is a major threat to society. Drugs, murder, child abuse... the list goes on. This sorry excuse for a human being needs to be eliminated for the sake of humanity.

 

post a comment