Monday, May 30, 2005

Movie Quote Contest Winners and Answers

A cook-out in the backyard today we had. On working the grill, Kenobi always insists. Ironic it is - do any of the cooking when inside we are, he will not. But when in the backyard we are, suddenly Emeril he thinks he is. Be so bad it would not, if burn everything he did not. And every time, that stupid apron he wears. Kiss the cook, I will not!

Like to thank everyone who in the Movie Quote Contest participated, I would. Got every answer right, almost all of you did. Strong with the Force you must be. Either that, or Google you used. Next time, much harder I will make it.

Here the winners are, in the order they responded:

Trinity Let Agent Smith know that won you have, do not!
Mara S On her blog, asking for ideas for her new Gmail address, she is.
Han Solo In under 12 parsecs, the questions he answered. Use "hokey religious mumbo-jumbo" he did not.
Pete S A lunatic he is!
Danny F In a blog cabin, he lives.

Receive an autographed digital image of me, each winner will. Also receive a Gmail invite they will, if want it they do. Sure I am, that change their lives forever, these prizes will. Congratulations!

Listed below, the movie quotes and answers are:

Quote #1: "Talking to me you are? Talking to me you are? Talking to me you are? Then, talking to who...else you are? Talking to me you are? Well, the only one here I am!"
Movie and Character: Taxi Driver - Travis Bickle

Movie Quote #2: "Pregnant, Gracie is."
Movie and Character: Star Trek IV - Spock

Movie Quote #3: "Any biscuits for sale you have?"
Movie and Character: Sling Blade - Karl

Movie Quote #4: "Over a Wookie I ran, back there on the freeway, I think."
Movie and Character: THX 1138 - Voice on radio (Even the name of the actor whose voice it was, some of you wrote in! Also, the only time during a movie, I saw Chewie cry, this was.)

Movie Quote #5: "Always, Mama said, like a box of chocolates life is. What gonna get you are, never you know."
Movie and Character: Forrest Gump - Forrest (Up this cracks me, every time this I hear.)

Movie Quote #6: "Great this is! Usually just cardboard walls in a garage this is!"
Movie and Character: Galaxy Quest - Jason Nesmith

Movie Quote #7: "When a chick over his buddies a guy picks, be wrong, something's gotta!"
Movie and Character: Grease - Sonny

Movie Quote #8: "What thinking you are, I know. Fire six shots or only five, did he? Well, the truth to tell you, in all this excitement, kinda lost track myself I have. But being as a .44 Magnum this is, the most powerful handgun in the world, and blow your head clean off it would, got to ask yourself one question you have: Feel lucky I do? Well, do ya, punk?"
Movie and Character: Dirty Harry - Harry Callahan

Movie Quote #9: "Tricks on you the mind plays. Tricks back you play!"
Movie and Character: Pee Wee's Big Adventure - Pee Wee

Movie Quote #10: "A miracle man you rush, rotten miracles you get."
Movie and Character: Princess Bride - Miracle Max

In other news - Mentioned on the Chicago Sun-Times website, my blog was! Thanks, Jon, Intergalactic Gladiator, for the link!

Comments on "Movie Quote Contest Winners and Answers"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:36 AM) : 

Lesson learned from this why use the force when you can just use google. haha.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:22 AM) : 

I'll kiss the cook-if Obi-Wan promises to wear the apron and nothing else...will you ask him, Master Yoda?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:27 AM) : 

But Obi-wan isn't the cutie that Anakin is...

 

Blogger John said ... (7:09 AM) : 

Win, I did not. In the tradition of ancient Samuri, commit Harry Carey, I must.

Cubs win! Cubs win!

 

Blogger Trinity13 said ... (8:43 AM) : 

In time, my honey will take care of Agent Smith.

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (2:29 PM) : 

Next time, I will participate using the Enterprise database.

 

Blogger mr. schprock said ... (2:47 PM) : 

You never asked:

"Frankly, my dear, a damn I do not give," or "Johnny, here is!"

Not that I would have gotten them.

 

post a comment