Sunday, January 08, 2006

A Visit From Mommy


An unexpected visit from my mother I received today.

"Mommy! What a nice surprise this is!"

"Surprising to you that a mother would visit her son, it is, hmm?"

"No, meant that I..."

"Maybe if call more often you would, told you my plans to visit I could."

"Been meaning to call I..."

"Know what would surprise me, do you? That visit his mother, my son would! Shock me that would!"

"Been meaning to visit I have. But a war going on there has been."

"So if a war there is, forget that a mother you have, you can?"

"Forgotten you I have not! Just been very busy I..."

"Too busy for your mother you are? Good for you it is that too busy to give birth to you I was not! A good thing for you it is that too busy to feed you I was not! Or your diapers to change, or to school take you, or through your bed-wetting problem to help you, or..."

"OK! Sorry I am! Visit and call you more often I will!"

"Believe that when I see it, I will. I hope that treat you this way your younglings will not. Oh, I forgot! Younglings you have not! Going to settle down and have some younglings of your own, when are you?"

"Mommy, please, have this discussion again..."

"Yaddle what about, hmm? A nice girl she seems to be. The other day when talking to her on the phone I was..."

"To Yaddle you talk?!"

"Yes, a nice girl she is. That she likes you, I think."

"Mommy! Told you before I have, that get married and have younglings, Jedi do not! An oath we take. Besides, almost 900 years old I am!"

"So love me you do not."

"Silly that is. Of course, love you I..."

"If me you loved, give me grandyounglings you would! Know what it is like do you when pictures of their great-great-great-great-great-grandyounglings all of your friends take out, and not even grandyounglings you have? Hmm, do you?"

And why call her more often I do not, she wonders.

Comments on "A Visit From Mommy"

 

Blogger Jardena said ... (12:14 AM) : 

I can't believe you fuss at me for doing personal things on government time. At least I don't have my Mom show up at work.

I otherwise sympathize with your situation. The quest for grandyounglings seems to be a universal affliction of mothers.

 

Blogger pastamasta said ... (6:39 AM) : 

My own mother already has two garndyounglings and still pesters me for more. So don't think you'll get a moment's peace even if you do hook up with Yaddle for a dirty weekend.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:48 AM) : 

Sounds just like your mother,it does.

The only help I can be is that this is a universal problem, your not in it alone.


Same Nagging ... Different language

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:33 AM) : 

If Yoda is 900 years old. How old is mama Yoda?

 

Blogger Master Yoda said ... (9:41 AM) : 

Her age she never tells. Saying she keeps that '390 and holding' she is.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

Soon she will be ine the Jedi locker-room trying to force-feed Chunky soup to everyone.


...I said "force-feed"...

 

Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said ... (1:39 PM) : 

Why don't you paint Harvy green and take a picture. You can claim he is your youngling :)

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (3:21 PM) : 

Listen to your mother, Yoda!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:42 PM) : 

I hardly ever saw my Mum when I was growing up, she was always off on Senate buisness. Maby that's why I'm such a Tomboy....

 

Blogger Jardena said ... (7:15 PM) : 

why does your mom have more hair than you do?

 

Blogger Professor Xavier said ... (7:47 PM) : 

Oy! Nothing worse than the maternal pop-in. Sounds like you're going to have to book some extra time with your therapist this week.

 

Blogger Jawa Juice said ... (9:04 PM) : 

I never knew you had it so rough…to have Vicki Lawrence as your mother.
At least she never called you lil’ Juicy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 PM) : 

That nice young man, jean-Luc, the only one on this whole blog, knows what talking about, he is. .... umph.
Forced wedgies all around for the rest of you!
Maybe like some fresh chocolate chip cookies Jean-luc, would you?

 

Blogger Jardena said ... (1:41 AM) : 

ow!

 

post a comment