Thursday, January 05, 2006

Immense Wisdom


Sitting on a bench in the park enjoying my wamprat liver sandwich I was when talking to me this nice young man started. At first, telling me some long story he was. Then something that astounded me, he said.

"Mama always said, 'Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get'."

Blown away I was! Extremely wise this man was! Never in my whole life heard anything so profound had I. But then, another extremely wise thing he said.

"Stupid is as stupid does."

See what I mean, do you?! A fountain of wisdom he was! More I had to hear.

"Please," I said, "more about the box of chocolates tell me."

"That's all I have to say about that."

But done he was not!

"We're all just floatin around accidental-like on a breeze."

Come up with these things, where does he?!

"Please, your name tell me."

"My name is Forrest Gump. But people call me Forrest Gump."

"Master Gump, almost 900 years old am I, but met anyone as wise as you I have not! A fountain of wisdom you are! A master I have been, but next to you, the student I become! Enlightened I feel. Opened, my eyes have become. Please more of your wisdom share with me."

"I gotta pee."

"Hmm, yes. Do not we all? Very true that is."

To make this man a Jedi Master and give him a seat on the Council I wanted, but for a bathroom he had to look. Very badly he had to go, because to run he started. Run very fast he can! Saw him again I did not. A shame that is. Learn much from him I could have.

Comments on "Immense Wisdom"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:42 AM) : 

Seen that feller before my own self. Nice guy, but funny haircut.

Kept wantin ta show me his buttocks ?

Kinda scared me a bit.

 

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said ... (8:59 AM) : 

I love shrimp! it's the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. there's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.

 

Blogger Jardena said ... (11:33 AM) : 

He could be Kenobi's new running partner.

All this talk of shrimp has made my stupid intern need to take a bendryl. Weird girl...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:43 PM) : 

"Run Forrest run!"

*Forrest runs*

"Forrest, wait you forgot your box of chocolates!"

*Forrest keeps on running*

"Oh well finders keepers..."

 

Blogger Obi-Wan Kenobi said ... (5:47 PM) : 

Lookit that! He's gotta be a genius to tie life in with food.

 

Blogger Dinorider d'Andoandor said ... (9:22 PM) : 

jon, the i.g., sounds like a Forrest's friend named Bubba, Bobba, or something like that...
he's a box of choclates... I mean.. a box of surprises

 

Blogger Professor Xavier said ... (9:56 PM) : 

The thing that I don't get about that quote is - of course you know what you're going to get in a box of chocolates - chocolates!

If he's trying to say that life is full of unknowns, he should have compared it to a box of Cracker Jacks. The different prizes come wrapped up. You have dig into the box to get the prize and then unwrap it to see what it is. Just like life.

Or at least like going out on a date.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 PM) : 

I don't like prawns. They make me sick.

 

post a comment