Saturday, December 10, 2005

Movie Night: Pride and Prejudice

Tonight, movie night it was. Unfortunately, Yaddle's turn to pick the movie it was. So Pride and Prejudice we had to see.

Of course, delighted about this Windu was. The complete PBS miniseries on DVD he has. "Now that's a time when a man could be a pretty man, and wouldn't nobody say anything about it!"

As thrilled about this, Kenobi, Young Skywalker, Harvey the Youngling, and I were not. Unless several explosions or car chases the movie contains, likely to enjoy it we are not. But of course, if in the movie Sandra Bullock is, be convinced to see it I possibly could be (tell Dolly do not).

Before the movie, Harvey said that some popcorn he wanted. So to the concession stand I went. "One small popcorn, please," I said.

"Ok, that'll be 27 credits."

"No, a small popcorn I asked for."

"Yeah, that'll be 27 credits."

"No, just one bag of popcorn I want."

"Yeah, I know. 27 credits."

"But crazy that is!"

"Well, for just half a credit more you could get the 'Extra Jumbo' size."

"For that much, almost buy a popcorn farm I could."

Go much better when looking for seats we were, it did not.

"Um, Master Yoda," Harvey said, "I think I'm stuck to the floor."

Know how he got his face stuck to the floor, I do not. Use the Force I had to so that separate Harvey from the chewed gum and dried soda I could.

After awhile Kenobi said, "You know, I cain't follow this movie. It's so complicated. So many differnt actors. I don't know if it's supposed to be happenin in the past, right now, or in the future. And what's the deal with all them talkin animals and cartoon characters?"

"That ain't the movie we're watchin, O-dawg," Young Skywalker said, "That's the previews, yo. The movie ain't started yet."

Finally the previews ended, only twenty minutes after supposed to start the movie was. During the movie, the actress who played Lizzy I noticed. Very familiar she looked. Sure I was that seen her somewhere before I had:



Then I realized that confusing her with Senator Amidala, I must have been. Look exactly like the senator this actress does not. But fool people into thinking she is the Senator, I bet she could. Get that a lot, she must.

After a while, very bored I became. Know how much more of this girlie movie I could stand, I did not. Dragging on and on, this movie seemed to be. About to go crazy I was.

"Master Yoda," Harvey said, "I'm so bored! How long has it been since the movie started?"

At my watch I looked. "About 10 minutes." What?! Only 10 minutes?!

A feeling I had that a very long evening this would be. So excuses to get up I kept coming up with. But after using the restroom twice and getting more Coke once, running out of excuses I was. Over to Yaddle I leaned. "Need more popcorn, do you?"

"No, shhh!" she said. Fixated on the screen, she and Windu were.

Fidgeting in his seat Harvey was. Very impatient he was getting. But that I understood. At this point, care if Lizzy was ever going to marry Mr. Darcy, I did not.

"Master Yoda," Harvey asked, "why's everybody in the movie talkin funny? I can't understand anything they're saying."

"Speaking with British accents they are. Now still you should sit and quiet you should be. Like Master Obi-wan you should... Kenobi! Stop that!"

Throwing popcorn Kenobi was. To hit the head of a bald man who was sitting several rows in front of us, he was trying. Just then, up to us the theater manager came.

"Sir," he said to Kenobi, "I'm going to have to ask you to surrender your popcorn or leave the theater."

By dumping his popcorn on the manager, he responded. Seem to like that, the manager did not. Out of the theater he threw us. A sense of humor, some people have not.

Pretty angry about this, Yaddle and Windu were. But grateful to Kenobi I was. I think go watch something with Clint Eastwood in it I will so that regain my manhood I can.

Comments on "Movie Night: Pride and Prejudice"

 

Blogger Jardena said ... (1:03 AM) : 

Hmm, you're right, she does look familiar, but I think she looks like Dorme.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:09 AM) : 

One of the few times I will be caught agreeing with Yoda, That movie is not for He man types.

As for Sandra Bullock

Well there may be younglings reading this.

But that Jesse Guy Better Watch over his Shoulder.

 

Blogger Professor Xavier said ... (8:28 AM) : 

For getting in touch with your masculine side, there is nothing better than a good date movie. "Just Friends" starring Ryan Renolds and Amy Smart is a delightful story about a shy guy who wants to confess his true love to - - -

no, no, wait a second. What the heck am I talking about? What I meant to say is that for sheer butt-kicking he-man action, go to see Aeon Flux. The critics may not like it but that's because they are all girle-men.

 

Blogger Master Yoda said ... (12:41 PM) : 

lt cmdr oneida,

If technical you want to get, more like Sabe she looks.

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (1:22 PM) : 

Lizzie also looks like a female bounty hunter.

Fortunately, I don't like popcorn. Cinemas regard me as a bad customer.

 

Blogger Jardena said ... (4:55 PM) : 

You are right Master Yoda, Dorme's eyes are a bit bigger. Actually, I think Lizzie looks a bit like some warrior girl I saw once wearing strategically placed leather armor, face paint and a look of moderate determination.

 

post a comment