Monday, November 07, 2005

McBurgerland Blues

Today, into a McBurgerland I stopped for a cup of coffee. (Go to McDooku's I will not, because owned by You-Know-Whoku it is). Every time that to one of these places I go, a little more faith in teenagers I lose. Surely some smart teenagers there are. Only hire dumb ones, why does McBurgerland?

"Welcome to McBurgerland. Can I take your order?"

"Yes, a large cup of coffee I would like, please. Forget the senior's discount do not."

"Will that be for here, or to go?"

"No, only a cup of coffee I wanted."

"I know. Is that for here or to go?"

"Why? Make what difference does it? Going to put wheels on the bottom of the cup if to go it is, are you?"

Wasted energy, a conversation like this is. Like playing ping pong with someone who has no arms it is. Yes, beat him easily you can. But quickly get frustrated and want to quit he will.

Still, arguing with these doofuses often, I find myself. But usually because my order they get wrong. Bad that is. Important my cheeseburger is. Mess with my cheeseburger, do not. Get it right, you must.

"Excuse me, for no onions on this I asked."

"You said you wanted onions."

"No, I said, 'No onions on the cheeseburger I would like.'"

"See, you said you would like onions on the cheeseburger."

"No, I said, 'NO onions on the cheeseburger I would like.'"

"So are you trying to change your order or something? Because, like, I..."

"No, trying to get you to get my order right, I am."

"What's wrong with it?"

"Onions on my cheeseburger there are!"

"You don't want onions on your cheeseburger?"

"No, want onions on my cheeseburger I do not."

"Well, sir, if you could just make up your mind..."

Needless to say, getting a little annoyed I was.












__________________________

Comments on "McBurgerland Blues"

 

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said ... (8:14 AM) : 

What's wrong with onions?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 AM) : 

You asked why McBurgerland only hires dumb teenagers. The answer is quite simple: The smart ones can get better jobs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:09 AM) : 

I sense hunger in you.

 

Blogger palps said ... (11:33 AM) : 

You should put your pride behind you and go to McDooku's. He has the best coffee that he heats with his lightsaber.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42 PM) : 

A burger without onions isn't even worth eating. :-o

I'd avoid McDooku's too...I heard someone found a finger in their chili!

 

Blogger Obi-Wan Kenobi said ... (1:44 PM) : 

You could use some onion, Master. Git rid o somma that stanky breath o yours.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:51 PM) : 

Say what you will about McBurgerland, but they have consistant food, no matter what quadrant of the galaxy I am in, and they have fly-thru's big enough to fit my x-wing. Plus, you could take your pet Bantha and let him play in the play areas with the kids.

 

Blogger General Grievous said ... (3:52 PM) : 

Why go to McBurgerland - join the Darkside and get 20% off at McDooku's
*cough*

 

Blogger Korkuss said ... (5:20 PM) : 

Well Master, you could try Burger Knight, it's really nice.

 

Blogger Professor Xavier said ... (6:34 PM) : 

I had a similar problem at a Burger King drive-thru a few weeks ago. I know, the drive-thru is just an invitation for doom, but I was in a hurry. I odred a Diet Coke. Did I get a Diet Coke? Of course not. I got a Diet Sprite. By the time I realized it I was miles away. That is the last time I - well, the truth is I'll be going back because I am a sucker for freedom fries.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:21 PM) : 

I have breaking news for you Master Yoda. McBurgerland has been sold to McDookus!!

 

Blogger Master Yoda said ... (9:13 PM) : 

Windu, an interesting idea that is. Think about it I shall.

 

Blogger Jawa Juice said ... (9:52 PM) : 

What's wrong with onions? They fit great between your toes.

 

post a comment