Saturday, October 29, 2005

Stupid HTML-Ignorant Intern! (And a Contest)

To stay inside today my Stupid Intern wanted just because running a fever he was and a sore throat he had. Lazy that way he is. But I said, "Of course, stay in you can. And since inside all day you will be, finally get around to building that new template for my blog, in between trips to the bathroom to throw up."

See, a very understanding and empathetic person I am.

Well, all day on the new template, my Stupid Intern worked. Sometimes, trouble staying awake because of his cold he had, but then kick him I would. Wake up then he would be. But very much of my time this was taking. And getting tired, my leg was. Finally, after midnight, done he was. Way past my bedtime this was. So anxious to see the final result I was.

But then, in Internet Explorer he tried it, and stupid it looked! Stupid Intern! Already published it on this blog he had. To revert to an old template we had to. Stupid Intern!

Then, the nerve to ask to go to bed, he asked.

"What?!" I said. "To fix this you need! Only 2am it is!"

"But I'm so weak. I need to rest! Please!" he said.

Such a whiner, he is.

Anyway, see this template here you can.

Fine on that blog it looks, even in Internet Explorer. But when on this blog we publish it, these problems we have:
-Too big the font is.
-Show the comments, the individual post pages will not.

(A non-issue the images that aren't showing and the side columns overlapping the footer are.)

So, Here the Contest Is:
If look at the code and point out the problems and their solutions you can, an autographed photo and a gmail invite I will send you (hey, more than my Stupid Intern gets, that is).

If find the problem, no one can, forced to beat my Stupid Intern harder I will be.

Comments on "Stupid HTML-Ignorant Intern! (And a Contest)"

 

Blogger Professor Xavier said ... (8:08 AM) : 

Interns! They do inferior work and then gripe that they don't get paid anything. What do they expect! I'd recommend a couple of hours in the Rancor's holding pen. That will teach him some respect.

 

Blogger Jawa Juice said ... (11:00 AM) : 

Where do you find your intern? I've been looking all around but I just can't find anyone gullible enough to accept.

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (1:35 PM) : 

A force-wedgie, he might need to have.

 

Blogger Jen said ... (7:58 PM) : 

You should have him drink that dill pickle vinegar, juiced turiop, pureed womprat liver and hotsauce stuff you drink every day. That should get him right on his feet!

 

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said ... (8:11 AM) : 

Maybe you should just can the Intern and get a new one.

"Full credit I cannot give you, but fail you I will not. An incomplete you will get."

 

post a comment