Thursday, August 25, 2005

Too Old For the Park I Am

To the park, I took the Younglings today. A bunch of yard apes, they are. Time to use some of that excess energy they need.

At one point, down the street an ice cream truck came. Playing loudly a very obnoxious jingle it was. Of course, like a bunch of monkeys in the zoo at feeding time, towards the truck the Younglings ran. Fifteen credits worth of ice cream I ended up buying.

"Give you twenty credits I will, if that annoying music you turn off," I told the ice cream man.

"How about thirty?"

"How about that music you turn off, and slice your truck up with my lightsaber I do not?"

The music he turned off. No wonder, known for my skills in diplomacy I am.

Of course, on the ground, Harvey eventually dropped his ice cream.

"Harvey! Eat that do not! On the ground that has been!"

"But I picked most of the bugs and rocks out of it! Come on, please? Master Ke..."

"Care what Master Kenobi does, I do not!"

Stop Kenobi from hanging out with the Younglings I must.

Anyway, to cheer Harvey up, to play on the teeter-totter with him I agreed. Unfortunately, a little chubby, Harvey is. Down he went. Up I stayed. Up and down on my seat I jumped. Nothing. On my end, three Younglings joined me. Still nothing.

About to cheat and use the Force I was. But suddenly, back the ice cream truck came.

"Ooh! More ice cream!" Harvey yelled. About to jump off his seat, he was.

"Wait, Harvey, no!"

Too late it was. Up he jumped and down we dropped. Before I knew it, on the asphalt in a pile of Younglings I was.

I think maybe let Windu take the Younglings to the park next time, I will.

Comments on "Too Old For the Park I Am"

 

Blogger Kathy Keller said ... (11:34 PM) : 

Master Yoda, don't you know about the 10 second rule? Seems you need some feminine help. Have you talked to Yaddle about this?

Kathy from the Piker Press

 

Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said ... (1:15 AM) : 

I remember trips to the park with the rest of Batch 2. Well not parks really, just a picture of one that the 400,000 had to share. Ahh good times

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (9:36 AM) : 

The park is a great test of patience and fortitude.

 

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said ... (9:52 AM) : 

I was going to mention the 10 second rule, but Kathy beat me to it.

Can't you use the Force to pull all the dirt and germs off the ice cream, anyway?

 

Blogger Akv said ... (11:34 AM) : 

i sense a deep hilarity on your site. the originality is strong within this one. work good the up keep.

 

Blogger Nic said ... (2:33 PM) : 

For some reason this post really cracked me up. A great read on a Friday! Thanks oh wise green one. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:25 PM) : 

With due respect master yoda, but between Master Windu, Anakin, Obi Wan, and the bunch, who would you pick up if you were just tiny little creature the size of a garden gnome........
Well...
I think the size matters
That´s why they want to go with you anyway.

Have a nice weekend

¡Long live the green nanny menace!

 

Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said ... (6:41 PM) : 

I heard that Palps has a great nanny. What her name...oh yeah Tahara. I thinks she know Obi-Wan

 

Blogger Tawcan said ... (7:02 PM) : 

Stumbled onto this site. What a great blog you have Master Yoda.

 

Blogger Jenn said ... (8:29 PM) : 

The park is for all yard apes to run free, Master Yoda. Allow them to tire themselves out and then all can take naps when you get home, including yourself. Ancient Mommy Secret.

 

post a comment