Monday, August 15, 2005

Flashback: Young Skywalker, The Early Years


Like yesterday, Qui-Gon's funeral I remember. To the side, I pulled Young Kenobi.

"Confer on you, the level of Jedi Knight the Council does."

*Bwaaarp* "Cool."

Make Kenobi think we trusted him, I wanted. But a Knight we made him because take him as their Padawan, no one would. Responsibility for that, no one wanted. However, still the issue of Young Skywalker there was.

"But agree on you taking this boy as your Padawan learner I do not."

"Look, I done promised Qui-Gon. I got to train the brat. Even if the Council don't like it none."

"Qui-Gon's airheadedness I sense in you. Need that you do not. Agree, the Council does. Your apprentice Young Skywalker will be."

Usually, trained at the Temple as part of a group, a youngling is before someone's apprentice he becomes. But right away, Kenobi's apprentice we made Young Skywalker. We said that because of his age, it was. The truth is, no slow classes at the Temple we had. To the Temple, no short bus comes.

Over the next several months, concerned about these two I would become.

"Teach your apprentice what today, did you Kenobi?"

"Well, today I taught him how to write his name in the snow. At first, it was kinda hard, because he has a long name. He had to stop at 'Ani'. But then I had him drink more water, and he was able to finish."

"What? Kenobi! Taught him anything about the Force, have you?"

"Sure, I have. Anakin, come over here and show Master Yoda that Force trick I taught you."

Then, to play the entire William Tell Overture with his armpits, Young Skywalker proceeded.

"Impressive, that is, yes. But useful, how is that?"

"Well, it impressed that there Twi'lek girl we were talkin' to today."

Even more concerned I became when about their missions I would ask Kenobi.

"So, Kenobi, able to fight your way out of the fire forests of Kandinar you were. Commendable that was."

"Well, actually Anakin saved me from that one."

"Kenobi! Only ten years old this youngling is! Saved you three times already he has! Fight your own battles can you not?"

"Actually, Master Yoda," said Young Skywalker, "I saved him a whole bunch more times than that. There was that time in the Solarian viper pit, and the time he was fighting that two-headed Grandaark, and the lightsaber duel with that Sith lord, and time he was surrounded by droid soldiers, and that time he was captured by the Hutts, and..."

"OK, Ani," Kenobi said, "that's enough for now."

"...and the time that little old lady started smacking him with her purse..."

"Ani! I said that's enough!"

Start to understand Young Skywalker now, do you? More to tell there is. Maybe in the future tell you more about this I will.

Comments on "Flashback: Young Skywalker, The Early Years"

 

Blogger Nic said ... (12:05 AM) : 

Well, it certainly explains all the "f'shizzle my nizzle" stuff and so forth. Who knew poor Ani had it so rough growing up with Kenobi as his mentor. *SHUDDERS*

BTW, I think it's pretty cool that I am visitor # 69696 to your blog, Master Yoda. :)

 

Blogger Shannon said ... (9:39 AM) : 

Every day I understand Ani a little bit more. So strong and talented... and having to put up with Kenobi. Psh.

 

Blogger Master Yoda said ... (11:04 AM) : 

Nic,

Neat that you noticed that it is. Noticed it I would not have. A headache, numbers give me.

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (2:49 PM) : 

He looks trouble even then.

 

Blogger Master Yoda said ... (7:18 PM) : 

Master Mundi,

You and the rest of the Council making excuses as to why take Young Skywalker as your apprentice you could not, I specifically remember.

 

post a comment