Saturday, August 06, 2005

100th Post! Your Vote I Need


A long day I had today. Able to do my usual Saturday morning garage sale hopping, I was not. An early meeting with the Chancellor I had. Expecting to discuss important Republic business, I was. Instead, the whole time showing me his collection of feather boas, he spent. What a man needs with feather boas, I know not. Creepy that guy is.

Then, in front of the Galactic Senate Appropriations Committee, I testified. Slash our cookie budget in half, they might. Be happy about this, the Jedi will not. Cranky they get, when interfered with, their cookie privileges are. An hour I spent, trying to justify why purchase Oreos and not Hydrox cookies we must.

After that, a long afternoon of smiting down Grievous' and Dooku's evil minions I had. Usually, fun for me, the smiting down of evil minions is. But by noon, very tired I was already. Much half-hearted smiting I did.

Of course, a picnic, getting back home was not. A nightmare, traffic was. A hover-mattress truck jack-knifed, so hover-mattresses all over Airway 408 it spilled. Four lanes of traffic this backed up, all the way to... where I know not. Tell one spot from another on Coruscant I cannot. Like to know who the Doofus is who thought a good idea it would be to turn an entire planet into one big city, I would...so that strangle him I can.

Worn out I was, when home I got. Looking forward to a nice bubble bath and then bed, I was. But as soon as the door I opened, out from the closet and behind the furniture, a whole bunch of people jumped. "SURPRISE!!" they yelled at me.

A surprise attack this was, I thought! Though, usually yell "Surprise!" when about to attack, the Sith do not. So, my lightsaber I drew. About to smite down the first attacker, I was, when Jar Jar it was, I realized.

"Please Yoda, noah killen meesa! Meesa yousa friend! Weesa throwen yousa der biiiiig surprise party!"

A surprise party? Around I looked, and a bunch of Jedi, a couple of Senators, and several Wookies, I saw. Odd it is that kill Jar Jar, they almost let me. No, on second thought, so odd that is not.

"A surprise party for me? The occasion what is?" I said.

That my 100th post this is, it turns out. Big deal. My 100th corn, I just had removed. Celebrating that, I am not. Still, nice of everyone to throw me a party, it was. Very wild it got. Much drinking there was. A couple of times to our front door, the cops came. Called them the neighbors had. Too loud we were.

After a few beers, into the spirit even Windu got:


Right before he passed out, this was. Hold his liquor, he can not.

Anyway, your vote I need! Going to add a list of previous posts called "The Best of Master Yoda", I am. Determine which posts are listed there, your votes will. A list of the 10 most popular posts it will be. Vote here for your favorite Master Yoda post, you can. Open for one week, the voting will be, so take your time you can... but take too much time do not!

Also, if say in the comments why you chose the post you chose, you could, appreciate it I would.

Vote here.

***Special thanks to JawaJuice for the "Yoda 100" pic.

Comments on "100th Post! Your Vote I Need"

 

Blogger General Grievous said ... (2:40 AM) : 

Happy 100th Post!!!!

 

Blogger Draco-7 said ... (3:30 AM) : 

Yay! 100 enlightening posts from Yoda!

 

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said ... (8:16 AM) : 

Congrats on the 100th.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:34 AM) : 

Congrats

 

Blogger Lady said ... (11:47 AM) : 

Congratulations on your 100th post, master :)

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (12:06 PM) : 

Well done on reaching your 100th. I reached my 50th last Thursday.

 

Blogger Dinorider d'Andoandor said ... (9:41 PM) : 

excellent Master Yoda. Happy 100th
COngrats!

 

Blogger Master Yoda said ... (1:19 AM) : 

Thank you, everyone!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:56 AM) : 

Congrats Master Yoda! I voted for the Further Humiliation (Letter from Galactic Timeshare Corp). The post was very clever but I voted for it mainly because of the two words that almost made me shoot Diet Coke out my nose when I read them..."Wookie snot!" :D

 

Blogger palps said ... (9:45 AM) : 

Congratulations Master Yoda!

Now, on the topic of Hydrox versus Oreos...there is no contest. Just let me know who votes against you and I will see to that they are 'taken care of', so to speak.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:13 AM) : 

You are truely a dedicated and wise creature. Congratulations!

 

Blogger Ninjanun said ... (1:23 PM) : 

Oh, Master Yoda, how can I pick just one post? So many of them are witty and entertaining. I think I'm going to vote for the "Like Spiders, I Do Not!" post, because I love the look on your face in that photo. Plus, I don't like spiders either, so I can totally relate.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:41 PM) : 

Congrats on your 100th post Master, much entertainment and enlightenment you supply.

For your poll I chose 'Call Me Do Not, Call You I Will.' It was one of the first posts I read here, and inspired me to read the past entry's that were posted. I loved the confusion between yourself and the Spanish telemarketer, although I'm sure it was very frustrating at the time.

- An Eager Padawan

 

Blogger Jenn said ... (3:48 PM) : 

Per your request, I am putting my favorite post here. I voted for the Spider post, as I despise them as well. Plus, the pic almost made me snort milk up my nose. Happy 100th Master Yoda!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:13 AM) : 

I voted for the Dooku and Yoda on Jerry
Springer. That whole little group of posts about Dooku had me laughing hysterically.

 

Blogger Middento said ... (3:01 PM) : 

Despite the fact that nearly all your posts make me laugh, I actually told people about the Springer episode. So that's my vote. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:18 PM) : 

I have been reading your blog for so long and will never stop, but the post that sticks in my head is,"Darth Oprah" pure genius!
congratz on you 100th post!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:05 PM) : 

Happy 100th post Master Yoda! I swear I read this blog everyday for a pick me up.

The post that comes to mind for a possible Top Ten position is Dooku: The Reckoning, Smackdown on Springer. It was hilarious.

Also, can someone tell me what is up with the Jedi/cookie jokes. I see them everywhere but have no idea what it stems from.

 

Blogger Master Yoda said ... (10:43 PM) : 

serene1,

Answer your question, I will. Back in July, at a Wal-Mart, a door greeter stopped Young Skywalker and me because a monkey he thought I was.
That I was a seeing eye monkey, Young Skywalker told him.
In response, a Force-wedgie I gave Young Skywalker.

In the mean time, as reported on his blog, gotten himself beat up by an R4 droid, Kenobi had.

To cheer him up, cookies Young Skywalker was going to get him. Forgotten to buy them at Wal-Mart he had, so take some from the Younglings, he was going to.

A post Young Skywalker had written about this and the Wal-Mart/monkey incident. Obvious from this post it was that learn his lesson from the Force-wedgie, he had not.

So, the only thing left to do, I did. His cookie priveleges I took away. Harsh it was, yes. But tough-love, Young Skywalker needs.

If wrong about how this started I am, or details I have left out, fill us in here, anyone can.

 

Blogger Master Yoda said ... (10:45 PM) : 

Also, before that, I think, on his blog about his Oreo obsession, Chancellor Palpatine wrote.

 

Blogger Shannon said ... (8:45 AM) : 

Master Yoda, Congratulations on 100 posts to your blog! All of your entries are so entertaining, it was indeed difficult to choose one. My vote went to "Go Fish." The idea of the four of them sitting around the Jedi Temple playing cards, with Obi-Wan not being able to understand the rules and Anakin cheating... and I can just see Mace rolling his eyes and throwing up his hands in exasperation (I picture the scene in Ep I where he tells Qui-Gon, "Bring him before us")... it's just hysterical and I find myself thinking about it during the day and cracking up. People wonder what I'm laughing about!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:02 PM) : 

Thank you for answering me about the Cookie Conundrum Master Yoda.

 

post a comment