Saturday, August 27, 2005

Interrupt My Nap You Will Not

My naps I need. Cranky I get if get my nap I do not. Like me when I'm cranky, you would not. As see from my posts you can, a pleasant, friendly person I usually am. But when sleep-deprived I am, watch out! Bite your head off, I will.

This afternoon, trying to catch a few winks I was. But interrupted I was when a knock on my door I heard.

"Hey, Master? You in there?"

*Sigh* Kenobi it was.

"No. In here, no one is. Come back later, you should."

"Oh, OK then."

Footsteps I heard. Walking away, Kenobi started. Then, his footsteps stopped.

"Hey, wait a minute..."

Dang. Work this time it did not.

"Want what do you, Kenobi?"

"Have you seen my Cheetos? I keep losin' em."

"Look like what, do they?"

"Well, they look like, uh, them little orange crunchy cheesy things, what are they called? Oh yeah! Cheetos! They look like Cheetos. You seen 'em?"

"Hmm, little orange crunchy cheesy things. No, seen them I have not. Go away. Sleep now I must."

My eyes I closed. Cozy I got. About to drift off, I was.

Knock. Knock.

"Kenobi, go away I said!"

"It ain't Obs, G."

"Want what, do you, Young Skywalker?"

"I need to borrow your airspeeder, yo. I got a hot da- uh, I mean, I gotta protect Senator Amidala when she goes to the movies tonight."

"Been protecting Senator Amidala a lot lately, you have. A bodyguard she has, does she not?"

"Yeah, but you know how it is, Master Y. He ain't got game, yo. You know how we always gettin' his back every time Pads, I mean, Senator Amidala, is in danger or sumthin. A big-time senator like her needs a dude with my mad skillz, yo."

"Money for gas, have you?"

"Nah, but I knew you'd be cool and float me some ching, Y-Dawg."

"Well, wrong you were. Borrow my airspeeder you can not."

"What? That's whack, yo!"

"When a job you get, and pay for gas you can, then maybe let you borrow my airspeeder I will. Until then, 'protect' Senator Amidala on the bus you can."

"But..."

"Go away! Sleep now I must!"

Heavy, my head was. Into my big pillow, it sank. Starting to dream I was, when...

Knock. Knock.

"What?!"

In Windu barged. "Yoda, I need to know. Does this look infected to you?"

Up I jumped. My lightsaber I drew. "Yes. Cut it off for you, let me. In fact, maybe an amputation you need."

Like a little girl, Windu screamed. Off he ran.

Bear the interruptions no longer I could. To be done, something had to. In the center of my room I stood. In deep meditation, my eyes I closed. Across the galaxy, with the Force I reached out. All of the hundreds of Jedi I could feel. And simultaneously, at the same instant, Force-wedgies every last one of them received.

Now see if interrupt my nap they can! Hmph!

Comments on "Interrupt My Nap You Will Not"

 

Blogger palps said ... (9:32 AM) : 

I hear you my little green friend. I hate it when I don't get my nap either.

If I had a credit for every droid I have split in half with my lightsaber for waking me from my nap....

 

Blogger Jawa Juice said ... (10:20 AM) : 

But come on, in all honesty...you would have gone after Mace with a lightsaber even if you weren’t sleep deprived.

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (11:06 AM) : 

I fear that Padme Amidala will not be too impressed when she has to go for her date on a bus.

 

Blogger Master Yoda said ... (6:54 PM) : 

Sorry I am, Windu. My mistake.

 

post a comment