Thursday, February 23, 2006

300th Post: So What?

So excited I was. Wait any longer I could not. Into Kenobi's room this morning I ran and up I woke him.

"Kenobi," I asked him, "Know what day this is, do you?"

"Snrrrrk. Huh? What? Don't you know what time it is? Look, Mickey's little hand is on the five. I'm not sure, but I think that means it's perty early."

"But know what day this is, do you?!"

"Tuesday?"

"Very good, Kenobi. Only two days off this time, you were. But no, what day of the week it is, asking I am not. Come on! What day is this?"

"Look, I don't even do good on pop quizzes when I'm awake. I cain't do this right now."

Disappointed I was. So into Windu's room I went. Already awake he was. Sitting in front of his huge mirror with his back to the window, he was.

"Windu! Know what today..."

"Shh! Don't disturb me. Can't you see I'm waiting for the Sun to rise over my head! I can't miss this. It's very solemn!"

"But know what today is, do you?"

"Judging from how excited you are, I'd have to say it's the day of the week that Twinkies get delivered to the Temple."

"No! Tomorrow that is! What day is this? Guess you must!"

"You know how afraid of guessing games I am!"

"Know you do not?! My 300th post it will be today!"

"Hm."

"All you have to say that is? Excited are you not? Surely, presents you got me. Maybe a party you are going to throw me."

"We threw you a party and gave you presents on your 100th post, and then again on your 2ooth. When is it going to stop? You post every day, man! How long are we supposed to celebrate the fact that you don't have a life? You already make us celebrate both your Jedi anniversary and the anniversary of the day you became a Jedi Master, as well as whenever you get a response to one of your thousands of fan letters to Dolly Parton, whenever one of your varicose veins goes away, and about hundred other things. Frankly, I for one am getting tired of it! Contrary to what you may think, everything is not all about You, all the time! It's about time you... Dang! You made me miss the sun rising over my head! Get out of my room! Get out!"

Pretty dejected I felt. Around the Temple I wondered. Eventually in the parking garage I found myself. Down in Bob the Bantha's stall I sat. Next to me, Bob came and sat. Then over he leaned, and my face he started licking. Up to me he nuzzled. Then that content, purring sound he started to make.

"At least, me you love, Bob," I said. Much better I was feeling. Have a bantha everyone should have. "Of course, Bob, feel loved Windu will not when later today leave a 'present' in his shoes you will."


.

Comments on "300th Post: So What?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 AM) : 

Oh Happy 300th

ummm I heard a nasty rummour that after 300 that early post disappear I know someone that started a continue 2nd blog because of this, she mentions a blog add on breifly here


so just a heads up :)

anyhow Happy 300th if I wasnt in EGypt I would throw you a party

 

Blogger Jardena said ... (7:51 AM) : 

Happy 300th, Master Yoda, and congrats on getting some vericose veins to go away, as well.

And I'm with Kenobi, too early if Micky's hand is on the 5.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:35 AM) : 

Bantha poop in the shoes, now that I gotta see.... er smell....er hear, well im sure we will all know when it happens

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:15 AM) : 

okay I am sending you a 3ooth post gift :P

 

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said ... (9:33 AM) : 

Are you sending pickles?

Congrats, Yoda. Let us know if your posts start disapearing...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM) : 

Yeah, congratulations, Yoda!! Those guys are just jealous of your success with this blog and your prowess with the ladies. Hello, Yoda, you've got Vampirella on line 2! It's only natural for Windu to have his panties in a perpetual twist about something anyways.

 

Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said ... (10:55 AM) : 

What only 300 post!!! You are 900 years old. so that works out to... lets see, carry the 3, move the 4 around...get the abacus... Yeah got it, 1 post every 3 years. kinda a little slow there Master Yoda.

Augrrrrrrrr! I mean Great Job, Oh wise and venerable Master Yoda (now please help me get wedgie out of my...)

 

Blogger fakies said ... (11:39 AM) : 

Way to go, Master Yoda! We feeble humans bow to your mastery of the consistent post.

 

Blogger Jawa Juice said ... (12:32 PM) : 

300 posts!
Congratulations!

I'm sending over a case of brownies, a bottle of Jack and that Dolly Parton Droid you've always wanted.
...And the rest of the temple should be glad you don't celebrate each time you have a prostate exam.

(You should give your intern a shot of Jack for all the hard work too.)

 

Blogger Queen Galacta said ... (12:52 PM) : 

Ooooh, I just love a 300-post man.

 

Blogger Jedi Healer said ... (12:55 PM) : 

Congratulations Master Yoda!

And for a present I was going to get you a Dolly Parton cd but I didn't know which ones you had so I had to get you a t-shirt instead!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:57 PM) : 

congratulations!
i hope you'll keep up the good work, and dont stop now!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:11 PM) : 

Congrts, Master Yoda! Come down to my house, all the Dark Jedi's are having a party in your honor!

 

Blogger Korkuss said ... (1:34 PM) : 

Woooooow!!! Congratulations Master Yoda!!!!!!!!

 

Blogger Nic said ... (2:56 PM) : 

Happy 300th post Master Yoda. That's now 1/3 of your age. Cool! I'm glad you have a good "pet" with Bantha Bob. Everyone needs a good cuddle now and then.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 PM) : 

And what do we have for our 300th post winner Don ?

Well Jerry we hav a life time supply of the wounderfull treat only found on naboo.... thats right.

SOURKRUAT ON A STICK

 

Blogger Master Yoda said ... (11:29 PM) : 

Good going, Jon!

Vampirella, like to thank you for the info, I would. Some research I did on this after your comment I read. -

Unless a line of code in your template you change, remove the first few posts from the page where you choose which post to edit, Blogger will. Actually remain on your blog, the posts will. Learn more here, you can.

 

Blogger Master Yoda said ... (11:30 PM) : 

...But back up my blog just in case, I will.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:57 AM) : 

thanks fpr the info Yoda I am along way from 300 but it is good info to know :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 PM) : 

Well done Yoda! 300 is a big number!

 

post a comment