Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Needles

Time for the Younglings to get their vaccination it was today. Having a particularly hard time, Harvey was. Afraid of needles he is.

"Hold still, Harvey," the medical droid said, "If you stop squirming we'll be done before you know it."

"But I don't wanna! I hate needles!"

"There now, Harvey," I said, "be brave you must. Imagine Kenobi acting this way, can you?"

"Actually," the droid said, "he was due for a vaccination today too. Unfortunately, he crawled under the examination table and wouldn't come out. It took five of us to drag him out. Still, it certainly wasn't pleasant after that."

"Helping you are not," I told him.

"Sorry."

"Harvey, a big boy you can be, can't you?"

"I don't wanna get a shot! No!"

"Be a baby do not. Over in a little bit it will be."

"No! It'll hurt!"

"Only a little it will hurt."

"I don't wanna! I don't wanna!"

"Harvey! Act like this a Jedi must not! Besides, if good you are, a lollipop you will get."

To stop squirming, that last part seemed to get him. Still, quiet he could not be. Still crying he was.

"Waaaaaaaah!!!!"

"There," the medical droid said, "all done."

"Waaa-, oh. That's it?" Harvey asked.

"That's it."

"Well," he said, "that wasn't so bad. Can I have my lollipop now?"

"Well," I sighed, "glad I am that over with that is."

"Actually, Master Yoda," the droid said, "my records indicate that you are due for a booster shot yourself."

"What?! No, impossible that is!"

"I'm afraid so."

"Some mistake there must be. Been a whole year since my last shot it has not."

"Oh, yes. One year and seven days, to be exact."

"Well, have to do this later we will. Very busy I am today."

"Just hop up on the table here. It won't take any time at all."

"Waaaaaaah!!!!"

Ok, proud of that I am not. But needles I hate. At least, something for my trouble I got.




















.

Comments on "Needles"

 

Blogger Jango Fett said ... (8:10 AM) : 

Needles. Boba is afriad on Needles to. :|

 

Blogger Jedi Healer said ... (8:28 AM) : 

Be glade in once a year and not every three months.

 

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said ... (8:58 AM) : 

At least you got a lolli.

Can't use a hypospray like Star Trek? Don't they hurt less?

 

Blogger Master Yoda said ... (10:08 AM) : 

Jon, make-believe Star Trek is. Real life this is. Tell the difference you can not?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 AM) : 

You are such a baby and certainly not a good example for the younglings.
How would you like to have to have a needle everyday and have to inject it into yourself and get no lollypop to boot???

 

Blogger Master Yoda said ... (10:42 AM) : 

I think overdue for medication, anonymous is.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:45 AM) : 

No needles for me either, never oculd stand them. One thing...that lollipop, Yoda, its huge!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 AM) : 

Needles aren't that bad.
Shouldn't you look a little happier? It is a big lolly!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 AM) : 

poor yoda

 

Blogger A Army Of (Cl)One said ... (12:14 PM) : 

You look like your thinking "Get you, I am going to sucker"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 PM) : 

Not only is it a large lollipop, but the ratio of sugar to body mass is greater for Yoda than even most of the younglings.

 

Blogger Private Hudson said ... (1:01 PM) : 

Man I hate shots, too. I remember one time I got a bunch of shots to go to one planet, then they changed the orders and gave me a bunch of shots for another planet.

 

Blogger Jardena said ... (1:46 PM) : 

I'm with Jaina, needles aren't that bad. The pain is very temporary.

And anonymous sounds a little bitter. Diabetes is no fun.

 

Blogger fakies said ... (2:08 PM) : 

Needles are no problem. Except when they're those needles the length of your arm, and they jab them into your spine...

Are you okay, Master? You look a little green.

 

Blogger Son Goku said ... (2:28 PM) : 

NEEDLE!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

(crashes through the wall.)

 

post a comment