Sunday, July 24, 2005

Will the Wookiee Eat My Cookie?

Today, my Stupid Intern's trial was. To four million hours of community service he was sentenced. That he should serve those hours as an intern to an important green Jedi Master, I convinced the judge. Rather be in prison he would, my Stupid Intern said. A strange sense of humor he has.

Anyway, have him for a long time, I will. Eighteen hour days divide four million hours by, is... uh...carry the one you must...wait, tell me do not...um...uh...well, a buncha days that comes out to. After doing yesterday's post I tried, very relieved to have him back I am. In fact, all ready for him his dog hou-, er, intern's cottage is. Take up much room, the Great Dane Wookiee who already lives there does not, so very comfortable my Stupid Intern should be.

Speaking of Wookiees, everyday to the Younglings I read. For the same book, they always ask - Will the Wookiee Eat My Cookie?, by Dr. Seuss. Their favorite, it is. Read it have you? Quoted it below I have:

Will the Wookiee Eat My Cookie
by Dr. Seuss


Will the Wookiee eat my Cookie?
Said Bobby to Albert Snookie.
No! Of course not, my young rookie,
Chuckled the wisened old Snookie.
Wookiees will never eat cookies
As sure as I owe my bookies




Whatever cookies you could bake
Would surely make his tummy-ache!
He'd rather have a fish-head cake
Or a chicken-fried rattlesnake
He'd prefer a blueberry steak
Or an oven-roasted leaf rake!






No, he would not eat your cookie
Why, he would rather play hooky!

Oh, looky!
Said Snookie
The wookiee!
Your cookie!

"Well, what do you know?" said Snookie.
A Wookiee will eat a cookie!





**Inspired in part by this.
**Art in this post
© Bill Johnson 2005.

Comments on "Will the Wookiee Eat My Cookie?"

 

Blogger Draco-7 said ... (6:19 AM) : 

Mmmmm.... fish-head cake *drools* Snookie still owes me

 

Blogger Jawa Juice said ... (10:19 AM) : 

Ahhhhh, the classics.

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (3:15 PM) : 

It has great potential...it could be a film.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:04 PM) : 

Gotta love the classics :D

 

Blogger Tobie said ... (11:38 PM) : 

This is COOOOL..

 

Blogger Geewhiz said ... (12:37 AM) : 

Wow Yoda, you are sooo poetic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:59 PM) : 

Jean-Luc... It could be several films. Two sets of three, I think, with a third trilogy covering the last part of the saga perpetually looming in the wings. It might even be a good idea to present the first two-thirds of the story out of order....

 

Blogger meembob87 said ... (11:55 AM) : 

Yoda, you must make quite a lasting impression on the younglings with that wonderful story. :)

 

post a comment