Thursday, June 09, 2005

Jesus, Elvis, and Me

At a flea market in Mexico I was the other day, when upon a wonderful surprise I stumbled. Bestowed upon me by the people of your planet, a great honor has been. An honor reserved for the greatest among your people it is. First Jesus, then Elvis, and now, my turn it is. See here you can, that painted on black velvet, my portrait has been!


YodaVelvetPainting

In fine company I am - the Son of God, the King of Rock 'n' Roll, and those really smart dogs who poker can play!

I know complain I should not, but handsome as I am this painting is not. Remember posing for it I do not. On the other hand, if mistaken I am not, pose for many of their black velvet paintings Jesus and Elvis did not either. Sure about that, I am not. Maybe ask someone, I should.

Thanks, Tana for the picture.

By the way, posted about me,Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator has.

Comments on "Jesus, Elvis, and Me"

 

Blogger Nick said ... (12:18 AM) : 

Master Yoda, what are those streaky rocket-like things behind you?

Perhaps you should do a self-portait...

 

Blogger Nic said ... (12:57 AM) : 

Oh dear! It looks like this was done in the era of the 70's. It has a disco ball in the upper middles left area. You have many talents Master Yoda, but are disco most such as the "hustle" really one of them? I think the streaks behind you are the reflections of a light on the ball that is casting sparkles around as it turns.

I would sue for defamation of character.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 AM) : 

Sadly, I think I've seen one of those at a Garage Sale. Woe is the girl who lives in the South. In other news, and you'll enjoy this, my parents went to Dollywood this weekend.

I shall ask them how it was. You have a season pass or something, don't you?

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (6:32 AM) : 

Watch out for the creepy looking guy with the helmet behind you.

 

Blogger Master Yoda said ... (7:48 AM) : 

Nic,

If the Hustle I knew, admit to it, I would not!

Starr,

Jealous of your parents I am. Invite me along they did not. But, stolen my annual Dollywood pass was anyway.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:47 AM) : 

Yoda, that's great!
You look er noble.

 

Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said ... (2:01 PM) : 

The painting looks a lot like you, though your likeness looks like he also has some Oscar the Grouch in him as well.

 

Blogger pantrygirl said ... (2:06 PM) : 

Is that disco ball supposed to be the death star?

I'm ready to see Luke on a colored 'Saturday Night Fever' platform posing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:27 PM) : 

Great portrait Yoda.. but it seems you lost your green glow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:44 PM) : 

The Death Star looks like a Disco Ball.

 

Blogger Ninjanun said ... (1:31 AM) : 

You look good in velvet.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

Dear Master Yoda mabye that pictirue is of yoder not you

 

post a comment