Tuesday, May 17, 2005

See Any Resemblance Do You?

Ever been mistaken for a famous person have you? Lately, been happening to me a lot it has. Today, stopped me on the street some teenagers did. For my autograph they asked me. Happens to Jedi sometimes this does. Our service to the Republic many people appreciate. Still, flattered I was.

"So awesome this is!" said one of the young ones, "Never thought did I that Gollum I would meet!"

Gollum? Even know who this Gollum person is, I did not. Then a movie, "Lord of the Rings" Young Skywalker showed me. A big laugh at my expense he had when what the teenagers said I told him.

Know why people mistake me for this Gollum person, I do not. Sure, handsome fellow he is, but look anything like me he does not! Besides, make-believe he is. A real person I am! Know the difference between fantasy and reality these people do?!

Judge for yourself you can when the pictures below you see. See any resemblance do you? I do not.

Yoda and Gollum


On the other hand, tell the difference between these other guys (below) I can not. Peter Jackson, director of Lord of the Rings the man on the left is. Know who the guy on the right is, I do not. Peter Jackson's dad he is, I think.

Peter Jackson and his dad

Comments on "See Any Resemblance Do You?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 PM) : 

First to comment I am.
I see some resemblance between you and Gollum, except you have a tan.

Man on the right is what Peter Jackson had for lunch. ha

 

Blogger Nic said ... (10:20 PM) : 

Master Yoda, I don't understand for the life of me why they would confuse you with this Gollum creature when you are clearly the better looking of the two! Thank you for stopping by my blog. It made my day! Also, thank you for voting for me. :) You truly are a Master Jedi among Masters.

 

Blogger Z said ... (4:24 AM) : 

Master Yoda, worry yourself not, I can see no resemblance whatsoever to Gollum. Besides you are far cuter. I always thought Gollum was on the darkside. Offended I would be.

 

Blogger mr. schprock said ... (8:43 AM) : 

You know what's funny? There's a whole franchise of movies called Star Something-or-Other. Star Battles, maybe. Anyway, there's a character called "Yodel" or "Yentil" who resembles you. You should check it out.

 

Blogger fakies said ... (10:11 AM) : 

An ugly beast Gollum is. Be compared with such Tom Selleck looks as yours he should not.

 

Blogger John said ... (11:28 AM) : 

I don't see the resemblance either, Master Yoda. But fellow Jedi Master Yaddle looks an awful lot like diminutive actress Linda Hunt. What's the deal with Yaddle anyway? Are you guys related or secretly dating or what? (hopefully not both.)

 

Blogger Master Yoda said ... (1:15 PM) : 

mighty chewbacca,

Never been spoken, wiser words have.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

"Master" Yoda,

Does the Master refer to any skill you have? My guess would be it reflects your "master" abilities in mind-numbing prattle. Perhaps you should take a moment to reflect on the poor quality of your mindless musings. While you opine and complain, you ignore the opportunity to share Jedi wisdom with the universe. Your thoughts are mundane and trite. I suggest you consider a better use of your time then constantly blattering on about how "amused I am not" and start following the example of the Brilliant, albeit slightly vicious, author of the Darth Side. No wonder Anakin gets tired of you. If you represent the best the Jedi have to offer, I gotta say I think your days are numbered.

http://darthside.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger John said ... (1:52 PM) : 

Wow. Someone's got their panties in a twist. What'd you do, key his car or something?

 

Blogger mr. schprock said ... (2:30 PM) : 

You said it, Chewy. What's with that guy?

 

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said ... (2:52 PM) : 

You're going to have to help me here, Master Yoda. I'm not sure exactly which one you are. Riker seems to think they are both you, and that you are just a little pale on the left.

 

Blogger The Complimenting Commenter said ... (3:29 PM) : 

Very creative site. And the comparisons are spookily close. Of course, there are originals and there are not. I'm impressed that you can type in such a manner. Impressive.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:47 PM) : 

The Jackson/Lucas resemblance-I can see, it, though its not too funny.

The Yoda/Gollum-now that's funny.

Makes one wonder: does Yoda have any jewelry that he keeps hidden under his dirty robe? Gollum had a ring...I wonder if Yoda has nipple rings or something like that?

Well Yoda? Do you save your jewelry for nights when Anakin and Obi Wan are out at the bar and you can dance around the place by yourself?

 

Blogger Nic said ... (4:13 PM) : 

Yay! You got complimented by the Complimenting Commentor! I was hoping you would! Now you can put up a "I've been complimented" button from their site if you want. It's really cool when they drops by to compliment you. That's what their blog is all about!

 

Blogger Master Yoda said ... (4:39 PM) : 

Complimenting Commenter,

Thank you for your compliment!

Flattered to receive a compliment from someone with such a huge hand I was!

Nic,

Thanks for recommending me! Nice of you it was.

 

Blogger Nic said ... (4:55 PM) : 

Least I could do after voting for me Master Yoda! Can't wait to see you kick ass tonight at midnight. Yes, I am going to be one of the first people here in Austin to see it!

 

Blogger NYPinTA said ... (5:04 PM) : 

If you had actually been Gollum, then Frodo would have never stood a chance.
Yoda/Gollum: "Give me the precious, you will."
Frodo: "Take it! Take it!"

Done.

"Man on the right is what Peter Jackson had for lunch. ha"
LOL! Yep.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 PM) : 

wow...why don't we all just join hands and sing Kumbya? For the powerful "Master Yoda" you're a pretty nancy-boy, aren't you my little green friend?

 

Blogger Master Yoda said ... (1:43 PM) : 

"Kum Ba Ya" it is spelled. And know where your hand has been I do not.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:10 PM) : 

Grammar tips from Yoda...buuuurn.

 

post a comment